So many of you have been asking for the recipe we have been using to make Purdy’s favourite cakes this month so you can make some nice tasty treats for your dogs, so here it is, we hope you enjoy them just as much as we do!
Don’t forget to tag us in your pictures on Facebook (Thenaturaldogfoodcompany) and twitter (@Natural_DogFood)
227g or 8oz Gluten free flour/ Coconut flour/ Rice flour
114g or 8oz Dairy free butter/ Sunflower spread
2 tablespoons of Honey
A pinch of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C or Gas mark 4 and place your cupcake cases into a muffin tray
- Puree the bananas in a bowl and leave to one side
- Cream the butter and the honey together, make sure to get it light and fluffy.
- Add a pinch of baking powder and stir until mixed.
- Slowly add the pureed banana and flour, we added a heaped table spoon of each then mixed and so on until all the banana and flour were in the cake mixture.
- spoon the mixture into the 12 cupcake cases already positioned in your muffin tray
- Bake for 20 mins (all ovens are different so adjust as necessary)
This recipe was also used to make Purdy’s birthday cake, we used the same quantities but used a heart shaped baking tin and adjusted our timing to suit.
Remember these are scrummy for humans as well as dogs so be sure to share a picture of you both sharing a lovely cake together, we can’t wait to hear what you think!